Our newest community, South Wind, is located in Ashland, just south of Columbia. Ashland's population is just under 4,000, so it certainly has the "small town" culture, but don't let that fool you, because there is plenty to do in Ashland!
Restaurants: Many of the restaurants are independently owned, so no matter where you want to eat, you can be sure that a great deal of pride is taken in each plate.
- Woody's Pub & Grub- A local favorite! Woody's is a large bar and grill type restaurant that serves american food; burgers, hot dogs and the like. Woody's food is delicious, but it doesn't just end there. The atmosphere is what really earned Woody's its prestige. There are billiards tables, bar games and plenty of outdoor seating. If you want to go somewhere where everyone knows your name, the food is great and the drinks never stop flowing, Woody's is your stop.
- Copper Kettle- The Copper Kettle is just down the street from Woody's. It too has delicious food, but more of a family atmosphere. All of the food is homemade and sure to leave you full. The Kettle offers all you can eat catfish and shrimp. They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner, your only problem will be deciding what to order (we suggest the pie)!
- ose Jalapeños- Jose Jalapeños is brand new to Ashland, and boy is it good. Jose's offers Mexican cuisine served on plates bigger than your face and margaritas are even bigger. Jose Jalapeños is a great place to catch a game because they have plenty of TVs throughout the entire restaurant, and it's also a great place to take your kids!
- Pizza Haus- This place has tremendous pizza. Everything is handmade, and you can watch the cooks rolling the dough and constructing your special order pizzas. Great for hosting parties and get togethers, Pizza Haus has specials almost everyday. Stop by for a great slice of pizza and to get to know the friendly staff.
- The Eagle Scoop- Delicious ice cream in a small town, one of our favorite combinations. With so many options, you'll be left with one of the hardest choices ever: which flavor to get. Why not get more than one? You won't regret it.
Another Girard Homes team favorite in Ashland is the Cattlemen Days Rodeo. I traditional rodeo with all of the classic hijinks, sure to keep your kids entertained all night.